Thursday, October 25, 2018

10/25/18

Let's just call this "Ladies Night".  All riders were female and all of the conversations were great.

The first rider was from Puerto Rico.  She had a beautiful accent as she spoke perfect English.  Then she practically yelled out, oh my God, scaring the crap out of me, and then saying that this was the most beautiful sunset she had ever seen.  I turned and looked and indeed it was beautiful.  The most beautiful I had ever seen also.  As I dropped her off I stated to her that I was glad we got to share that sunset together.  She laughed and said, me too. 

The profound element to this experience is the following.  We will never see each other again but we will remember this moment for the rest of our lives.  A permanent beautiful memory with a complete stranger that only a few moments earlier we had never seen before in our lives.

But there is more.  The last ride of the night found myself and the rider driving straight into a huge and rising almost full moon.  Moments later we were treated to this same moon as a backdrop to a lake with the reflection off of the water being breathtaking.

Incredible evening of ridesharing.  Setting sun, rising moon and beautiful ladies to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment